It's been another unprecedented year, and although 2021 presented plenty of challenges, it’s also been a year full of opportunity. Biopharma and medtech companies are doubling down on digital health and consumers are adopting new technologies at a rapid pace–and we’re thrilled to be part of this exciting era in healthcare.
In 2021 alone, BrightInsight launched and supported digital health solutions, including 5 Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) with a variety of biopharma clients, AstraZeneca, CSL Behring, Roche, and Novo Nordisk.
Here's a quick look at our 2021 accomplishments.
- January: We collaborated with HealthXL to co-host our Digital Health C-Suite Series™ at JP Morgan's 39th annual Healthcare Conference. This was the first time that the conference was virtual, so industry professionals were able to engage with us from the comfort of their home offices.
- We announced our Series C funding of $101 million. The round was led by world-renowned venture capital firm, General Catalyst, and the funding helped to accelerate our growth and triple our valuation.
- We announced the launch of the AstraZeneca AMAZE™ Disease Management Platform, an end-to-end digital solution that closes the gap between patients and providers. We took AstraZeneca from project kick off to commercialization in less than a year.
- April: BrightInsight achieved HITRUST CSF® v9.3 Certification, demonstrating that the BrightInsight Platform has met key regulatory and industry-defined requirements.
- June: I was honored to be named a Top 50 Healthcare Technology CEO by Technology Innovators Magazine alongside healthcare pioneers including Anne Wojcicki of 23andMe and Ido Shoenberg of Amwell.
- August: Global Brands Magazine named us the 2021 Most Innovative Digital Health Platform Company. Other organizations in the healthcare category included Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- October: CIO Review magazine recognized our commitment to innovation by naming us a top compliance solutions provider.
- December: For the second year in a row, we were named to the CB Insights annual Digital Health 150 list. The list was unveiled live during the annual Future of Health event, and we were selected from a pool of over 11,000 companies.
We are so excited to keep building momentum in the new year, and we can't wait to see the healthcare market continue to learn the value of digital health and investment in the sector.