While many of us were excited to say goodbye to 2020 and look ahead to a brighter 2021, we still wanted to take some time to reflect on all we achieved last year—for BrightInsight, it was truly a year of rapid growth and accelerating success.
As a company working in the constantly-evolving world of regulated digital health, we’re used to being agile, adaptable, and innovative—qualities that served us well during an unprecedented year. Proof positive: we’ve tripled our current staff during the pandemic, all while working in a 100% remote environment.
We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished this year. Here’s just a brief look at BrightInsight’s 2020 journey.
- January: We were included in the Journal of mHealth’s 2020 Global Digital Health 100. What a way to start the year!
- March: AstraZeneca chose BrightInsight as their global digital health partner, and we got right to work building and managing their digital health solutions.
- April: For the second year in a row, we were recognized as the Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year for the Healthcare Industry. (We’re proud of the one-of-a-kind partnership we’ve forged with Google Cloud as we provide our customers with the robust, secure, and compliant cloud infrastructure they need.)
- May: We were selected as the global digital health partner for CSL Behring. We’re excited to help them provide digitally-enhanced treatment experiences for patients with rare and serious diseases.
- June: We secured $40 million in Series B financing from Eclipse, Insight Partners, and New Leaf Venture Partners. The funding helped us in building out our regional customer delivery center in the UK, increase investments in analytics, and continue to enhance our platform.
- August: BrightInsight was named to CB Insights’ Digital Health 150 List, an annual ranking of the most promising startups in healthcare.
- September: Further underscoring our reputation as a thriving startup, we were named to LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2020 and we were awarded Frost & Sullivan’s 2020 Global Entrepreneurial Company of the Year for our healthcare IoT solutions.
- December: We ended the year with special recognition of something we’ve worked hard to maintain during a year of huge growth: our corporate culture. The Silicon Review selected us as one of the 50 Best Workplaces of the Year for 2020.
Cheers to our Rockstar team and to making it through 2020!